Monday, December 14, 2009

No painting but lots of culture - that counts for something

This weekend was too cold and rainy to paint outside on my porch. Instead I went to a musical and to the museum. We'll call it cultural inspiration for the painting. So in that sense I did work on the painting. Ha!

This week my baking plans are to make a Turkey Meatloaf (with or without spinach depending on if I get an email from Brad banning spinach). This will be my first time making it myself. I have already tasted the finished product and it was fab. But I like anything that has ketchup spread all over it. Hopefully this will be a hit...

Here is the recipe:

Turkey Meatloaf:

10 oz pkg. frozen chopped spinach
1 c. progresso bread crumbs
1 tbsp. oil
2 eggs
1/2 c. milk
1 1/2 tsp. dried basil
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
2 lb. ground turkey
2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 c. ketchup
2 tbsp. butter
1 onion

Thaw spinach. Heat over to 350 degrees. Butter a large loaf pan. Chop onion and cook in oil until soft. Whisk eggs with milk, basil, salt and pepper. Add spinach, onion, turkey, bread crumbs and lemon juice; mix well. Turn mixturn out into loaf pan. Brush with ketchup and bake 30 mins. Baste loaf with butter and bak another 30-35 minutes.

I'll post pictures after I'm done with the finished product!

0 comments:

Post a Comment