Sunday, March 14, 2010

How To: Create a Photo Mosaic

I have been admiring the photo collages and mosaics posted around the blogosphere so I decided to ask google how to make one.  I found a simple way to make a photo mosaic on http://bighugelabs.com/.   I am sure there are more advanced techniques, especially if you have Photoshop, but seeing that I am a rookie, this worked fine!

Here are the steps to take to get a mosaic like the one below:

1.  Upload a group of photos to Flickr as a set.  It can be as few as 2 or as many as 36.
2.  Go to www.bighugelabs.com and click on the Mosaic Maker on the home page.
3.  Follow the steps in the Mosaic Maker.  You can upload from flickr by the set, or by individual photos.  I think uploading a set is the quickest way to go.  You may have to crop some of the photos and play around until you get it right for the size of the mosaic tiles.  
4.  Save the new Mosaic Image as a file on your computer.
5.  Upload the image in your blog post and VOILA:

Torrey Pines State Reserve, March 14th 2010

0 comments:

Post a Comment