Friday, April 2, 2010

DIY: Photo Light Box

So I was reading online that you can make your own photo light box at home without spending a ton of money.  I went to Walmart this week and picked up a few items to make a budget photo light box for still life photography.  I intend to shoot things in the photo box and then paint them if I like the results. Here is what I used to make the photo box:

1.  Large box from Walmart
2.  1 yard of black fabric from Walmart
3.  An x-acto knife
4.  A piece of black poster board from Walmart
5. A desk lamp
6.  A small folding table
7.  A wood box of some to use as a pedestal for your subject matter

All you have to do is cut a hole in the side of the box, put some black paper inside the box (or another color if you'd like) and set up a pedestal inside the box with your subject matter.  (no picture of this step - sorry!)  Then position the desk lamp so it shines through the hole.  I also experimented by holding the light source in different positions.  If you have questions about this set up, please let me know!    


1 comments:

mariel said...

I've always wanted to try that out! Been working well for you?

BTW, thanks for stopping by the blog! I work on Cedros Ave. for a natural foods company so I got all excited when I saw you were local! :)

Post a Comment