Monday, June 28, 2010

My Regards To The 4th Of July


The timing of this painting couldn't be better.  Just in time for July 4th, I am brushing up on my flag painting skills!

July 4th is one of my favorite holidays because it ignites the spirit of summer and brings together family, good food and fun!  Not to mention fireworks!  Woo hoo!  All this week until the 4th of July I'll be posting items related to July 4th.

My favorite memories of July 4th include Adirondack chairs lined up on the shores of The St. Lawrence River, pot-luck dinner parties on the docks, drinks that include tonic water, Carole Taylor's Blueberry Buckle, and of course sparklers!!


What are some of your favorite 4th of July memories?

3 comments:

Liz Revit said...

Wow! Love the paintings. July 4th is my favorite holiday, and I love all things red, white, and blue.

Elisabeth said...

Thanks Liz! I hope you have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Your flag is perfect! The fourth of July means family reunions and summer activities...all my favorite things. I also think of the 14th of July in Avignon (1995 )where you, John, Mike, Sarah and I sat by the "pont d'Avignon" and watched the most amazing fireworks display set and coordinated to music!

Post a Comment