Friday, December 4, 2009

Sift the flour? Uh no, I didn't do that...WHY?

You know you're a novice baker when you don't even know what sifting means and you definitely don't own a sifter. Or a sieve...whatever. I was pretty excited last night when I whipped up Martha Stewart's Strawberry Cupcakes - white cupcakes with strawberry buttercream icing - for a baby shower at work. Marty Stewy is an inspiration but oh so complicated. Her recipes are difficult and snobby. Like she calls for cake flour instead of regular flour. I don't even think Vons, the biggest grocery store chain in California, carries that. So I winged it just slightly. The result was pretty good! I give them an A+ for effort, a B+ for taste and a B- for texture. The texture mishap was due to the lack of sifting. Even so, peeps at work loved the cupcakes. But I did get a couple questions like, "why didn't you just buy them? and "how long did that take?". See the result below. I think it was worth it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment