Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Get Ready For First Local Art Showing

On Monday, March 22nd, I'll be moving a bunch of my paintings into Cafe 976, in Pacific Beach.  This is my first public art display since Feb 1 when I started painting full time.  I am excited but a bit tense about all the things I need to get done in time.  The top 5 are:

1.  Get business cards done (in progress)
2.  Finish at least 5 more paintings
3.  Make signs about my artwork to post next to the paintings
4.  Email people to let them know that my art will be up
5.  Get frames/frame any prints that will be going up

I hope this is a step in the right direction.  The best things about Cafe 976: it's free and they don't take commission!  For a novice artist, free   exposure is the best!                                          
*Photo credit:  Lythia, Flickr
    

0 comments:

Post a Comment