Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hollywood Artists

Sunday night I watched the Oscars and was unexpectedly inspired.  No, it was not inspiration to save money for a Zac Posen dress (I wish).  Nor was it a longing to be a famous actress.  What inspired me in Sunday's awards ceremony were life long artists who've been working hard at challenging careers for a LONG time.  Sandra Bullock, Jeff Bridges, Monique, Christoph Waltz.  Their longevity and persistence was a good example of how long it can take to get solid recognition.  I completely respect the work that these actors have done to get this recognition.  Sandra Bullock said something simple and memorable in her acceptance speech, something her mother taught her:  "To be a great artist you have to practice every day".  I think I am finally doing that and it feels like it might lead somewhere if I keep at it. 

Credit:  Jordan Strauss/Wireimage.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment