Friday, April 9, 2010

Maybe I Should Stick to Painting Cake

Some people thing it's weird that I like to do oil paintings of food such as cake and cupcakes, but it makes me happy and it seems to make others happy as well.  I can't say as much for the acrylic baby paintings that I did for a friend of mine.  Although the baby's mom was happy and loved the results, (what mom wouldn't!?), some of my other very honest friends and family members gave me the following feedback.  You gotta love real friends...

"not my favorite"
"fix the sweater lines around his boobies"
"background color is slightly blah"
"the baby faces look kind of creepy"

Sooo...here they are.  I guess part of growing as an artist is creating some flops.  I want to improve so please continue to bring it on, people!!


3 comments:

Beverly Gurganus said...

I don't think its strange that you paint cakes and such...I love those paintings. I can't think of the artist's name, but there is an artist who paints food, too.

Elisabeth said...

Thanks Beverly! I have heard from many artists not to "spread yourself too thin" in the beginning. I guess it is good to stick with what works!

smcneil99 said...

hehehee! funny post!!

Post a Comment