Monday, August 9, 2010

Bagel Painting Part Deux

So on Friday I worked on the small bagel paintings based on my photos.  I worked at my kitchen table...
which is now my workspace of choice since I can listen to the TV and paint at the same time.  For me the TV thing works mainly because I use it as a motivational trick to get me to start painting.  If I didn't have the pull of Regis &Wendy Williams I might procrastinate my studio time.  It also provides me with needed breaks while I am painting.  I almost never get up to watch it unless something really juicy is going on.
For now, my kitchen is my primary studio space.  What does your studio space look like??

2 comments:

Beverly Gurganus said...

I, too, use my kitchen. When taking my painting courses, the topic of painting spaces came up with my professor, and she said that the kitchen (if a formal studio doesn't exsist) is often the favorite choice for artist. The light is much brighter.

I paint near my full pane window doors which also allows for some natural light along with the many recessed lights in the ceiling.

Elisabeth said...

I have a sky light in my kitchen which is nice. Sometimes the light from above can cause a glare but so far the kitchen is the best place I've found. Thanks for your comment Beverly!

Post a Comment